PART 1 - INTRODUCTION
- relate to schools based in England and Wales; and
- are primarily “information-only” websites rather than websites through which transactions and e-commerce take place.
- pupils or students;
- parents; or
- staff or job applicants,
and we assume that you will provide separate notices to those individuals to give them the necessary information about how you handle their personal data. Both the Department for Education (DfE) and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) have issued guidance on the sorts of notices you should provide. You may find it helpful to refer to their websites, and in particular to:
HOW TO USE AND AMEND THIS TEMPLATE
You will also need to populate the template with some further information, such as contact details for your school and also the details of the individual in charge of data protection compliance at your school.
This document is provided as a free, value-added offering for Greenhouse’s clients.
You should seek legal advice if you are in any way uncertain about the effect of this template, or about how best to edit it.
PART 2 - LEGAL TERMS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By downloading and/or using this template you are entering into a legal binding licence agreement with Windich Legal Ltd (we or us) on the terms set out below. If you do not accept these terms you may not use this template. If you have obtained this template as a paid download, then further terms may apply as set out on our website.
SCOPE OF LICENCE
This template is © Windich Legal Ltd, 2018. You may use the template only as licensed by us. That means:
- if this template was provided to you free of charge, you may not remove the attribution and link to our website at the end of the template;
- if this template is provided to you as a paid download, or if you subsequent pay for a download, from www.windich.co.uk, then you may remove the attribution and link;
- except for retaining the attribution and link if this template was provided to you free of charge, you may freely edit and amend this template (indeed, we encourage you to do so to make sure it is tailored exactly to your school);
- you may use this template on your website, may keep local copies of it, and may provide it to any advisor who assists you in reviewing, editing and amending it, in each case in its original or in an amended form. Otherwise, you may not publish or redistribute it and in particular may not re-sell it. In short: this is for your own use only.
DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY
This template, together with the guidance contained in it, is provided “as is” and we disclaim all warranties in relation to this template or its subject matter to the fullest extent permissible by law. This template does not constitute, and should not be used as a substitute for, legal advice. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have taken appropriate legal advice in relation to the use and amendment of this template.
Our liability to you in connection with your use of this template will not:
- exceed any sums paid by you to us in connection with it; nor
- extend to any indirect or consequential losses; nor
- extend to any business losses, whether direct or indirect, including without limitation loss of profits, income, revenue or anticipated savings or loss of management time.
Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude any liability to you which cannot lawfully be limited or excluded.
Your licence to use this template is governed by the laws of England and Wales, and any dispute between you and us will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
WHO ARE WINDICH LEGAL
Windich Legal Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom under no. 10046012. Our registered office address is c/o Crunch Accounting Ltd, First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Brighton Road, Brighton BN1 6AF. We are a legal consultancy, not a law firm, and are not authorised or regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority – see our FAQ for more information. Our VAT registration number is 257028308. We can be contacted at email@example.com.